The Gypsy Garden
March 29, 2024, 12:39:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome all new members!  We hope you enjoy your stay at the Gypsy Garden.  Please take your shoes off and stay a while.  Lots to read here, lots to learn.  Can we help you get comfortable?

Home Help Store Classifieds Gallery Contact Login Register Chat  

What does it mean to be 'Toltec'?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What does it mean to be 'Toltec'?  (Read 1888 times)
Jaguar Warrior
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:21:42 am »

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 strings that had vibration

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:29:16 am by Puma Warrior » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 05:17:41 am »

I'm not that interested in them as such. I do have an interest in Native American Culture but what I have found from what has become 'Toltec Knowledge' is something that has no real grounding in being a culture, tribe, nation or society. That said, what I beleive it to be integrates into all cultures, tribes, nations and societies.

Interesting as I've found, if you go back much farther than CC and dJM especially to cultures such as the Olmecas you will find much culture.   Rich themes rituals and traditions and I might even say "religion'.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 02:26:51 pm by ~Lori Anne~ » Report Spam   Logged

The Great Spirit, in placing men on the Earth,
desired them to take good care of the ground and do each
other no harm...
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 05:20:23 am »

PS

Kris has other forums.
 Wink
Report Spam   Logged

other no harm...
daphne
Nomad

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 06:11:49 am »

One thing on Tonal-Dressing and then I'm done...
   ...It doesn't matter what we wear as such. By this I mean that we can adopt knowledge systems, methods and cultural behaviors or clothing but these are not the things to look for and judge. A true Toltec Warrior as I understand them looks behind, through, at and around these items and watches the 'dreaming' the 'seeing' and the winds of the nagual that blow through that personal dream.
I don't know if you know what I mean.

-The Witness-

Whats your point, Daniel? You lost me a few posts ago..   Wink

From my perspective.. there is no such entity as a "toltec" and so therefore, "what does it mean to be 'Toltec' would have to pass through each and every ones own filters.. hence the ENDLESS discussions over the years.. not least of them yours.   Smiley   

Your books look very nice, btw   Kiss

Report Spam   Logged
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 09:47:57 am »

Maybe Ruiz is more 'tonal' than 'nagual' is why Smiley

I see Ruiz as more heart-centred.

Report Spam   Logged

other no harm...
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 07:16:45 pm »

I sent this topic over to Forest Wolf. Could post the reply if you wanted.

I was not aware that Forest was now active on the Net again.  Last I heard she had taken leave of forums and all things related.  Tell her I said hello when you speak to her next, would you?
 Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

other no harm...
daphne
Nomad

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 05:24:08 am »

I also want to add on 2 more points to this, 'this' simply being a description of the Toltec Trail as it has unfolded into my perception. To ignore the conlictual layer or the Forum episodes Daphs would be to not relay the story as it occured. I could have left it out in order to be polite or avoid, but that is not how I act. How on earth after all these years can you think I would leave it out, could think that I would act and be concerned about how my fellow man reads it or reacts to what I have layed out in my description? How can you be lost in the post? The are simply topics such as Castaneda, Ruiz, and other webs of knowledge that have been passed won for years through books and onto Forums. If you want people to hold an impression that I am confusing then ok, but that is your act, one that you uphold with a few others.

We all pluck on the chords of what has been layed out by a poster. 6 or so strings may be laid down like a harp left with no intention on the side. It is when the passers by pick it up and only pluck one string that you see what the parserby feels is of worth.

Wink

The 2 additional points that I will add are:

6) Victor Sanchez

7) Merilyn Tunneshende

* Note; I am not stating the above to make the theme of *Toltec Warriors* important. It should be evident from the posts that my point is to highlight the aspects that have value for me personally, such as the 8 points of Luminous-Beings.

"What's your point Daniel"?

My point/ is here, as above. Actually I have highlight specific points and given them numbers to help. Can I ask what your point is?

Smiley

My point, Daniel, is that you have so much to offer of your perceptions, a really unique way that has (and has had) much value for me over the years... then you go and lose the observer/witness status you are so fond of describing yourself as, by reaching conclusions. Not that there is anything wrong with that.. I reach conclusions all the time! *lol* just that I know they're conclusions and that I am full of shit!

Many, if not most of the people on the 'new' forums have no idea who the people are that you talk about, and probably don't care. You yourself do what you have often accused others of;  ie bringing the past into the present and not moving on. That it is part of your journey, I don't doubt; though we are years moved on from then and new things must be happening in your journey?

You didn't lose me through any confusion, you lost me through repetition. That's my loss too, because I may probably have missed out on something else and different, but for me, time is too short to go over and over the same things again. That old 4th enemy, ya know! (makes me cranky)   Smiley

No, I don't expect you to be concerned about how your fellow men take your posts your posts or react to them - you've made that clear enough over the years... though I would like to ask you.. did you have a reaction to my post, eh?  Cheesy

Perhaps I am simply plucking my own one string on the chord of the infinite, as the wind sings through it  Wink
At the least it got you to communicate back out of your monologue!    Kiss

Carry on...   

Report Spam   Logged
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 08:29:06 am »

My point, Daniel, is that you have so much to offer of your perceptions, a really unique way that has (and has had) much value for me over the years... then you go and lose the observer/witness status you are so fond of describing yourself as, by reaching conclusions. Not that there is anything wrong with that.. I reach conclusions all the time! *lol* just that I know they're conclusions and that I am full of shit!

Many, if not most of the people on the 'new' forums have no idea who the people are that you talk about, and probably don't care. You yourself do what you have often accused others of;  ie bringing the past into the present and not moving on. That it is part of your journey, I don't doubt; though we are years moved on from then and new things must be happening in your journey?

You didn't lose me through any confusion, you lost me through repetition. That's my loss too, because I may probably have missed out on something else and different, but for me, time is too short to go over and over the same things again. That old 4th enemy, ya know! (makes me cranky)   Smiley

No, I don't expect you to be concerned about how your fellow men take your posts your posts or react to them - you've made that clear enough over the years... though I would like to ask you.. did you have a reaction to my post, eh?  Cheesy

Perhaps I am simply plucking my own one string on the chord of the infinite, as the wind sings through it  Wink
At the least it got you to communicate back out of your monologue!    Kiss

Carry on...   

Hey, I love you guys!
 Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

other no harm...
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 02:14:09 pm »

Don`t mind me, I like to play around with words in a post sometimes.  Certain words pop out at me like they were written in bold. 
So I`ve taken them out of `context'...  Wink

I think
I relayed a description
my perception

I don't mind you

It is like you

The reason

I don't mind

I am relating

I am exploring,

Report Spam   Logged

other no harm...
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 03:05:21 pm »

Hi Lori,

Is there any chance you would move this Topic into my Section so that I can work the topic over a bit and split it? The act would allow me to remove the energy that is over-plucking a small section of the overall focus and allow me to sustain the energy of what the Topic is exploring in an authentic way.

It is easy to see when some makes an act of love and when someone does not. To say 'I love you' is meaningless to a large extent what matters is the selections that take place where a small door opens in chance and we send vibrations down it to manifest the Dreaming Awareness that we are inside us.

The 'Judge, critise, discuss' everything is not my cake as you know. I have spent the last 6 years on forums seperating out the energy or disconnecting the energy that others try to connect to the *living web* that is manifesting through me. This act of disconnecting or removing is done easily behind the framework, can be picked up again at the framework's edge and dropped at will. Will nits the energy of the threads.

Confused?

No matter...

Act as you may, I don't mind either way.

No Daniel I am not confused, nor am I criticizing you or anyone.  I think I'll keep this thread in-tact here the way it stands.  It seems to be flowing nicely.   Feel free to C and P anything to your section, though.

And thanks for the permission to act as I may...  Wink
Glad you don't mind.
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

other no harm...
Steve Hydonus
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 07:57:34 pm »

"Whats your point, Daniel? You lost me a few posts ago.."   Wink Daphne 

i am going to have to agree with daphne here. It seems as though you have to have some inside knowledge to really follow these conversations. i read Castanedas books years ago. i enjoyed them but as far as finding a path to follow; The method just wasn't there. i do however understand that it is hard to just jump in on a topic. This is true of astrology as well. But we would appreciate any simplifications that you might want to offer to understand the beautiful ways of the Indian tribes.

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 08:01:22 pm by ~Lori Anne~ » Report Spam   Logged
daphne
Nomad

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 01:06:04 am »

I think you are off-key Daphers. Vibrationally. If you want, you could vibrate with some of the other layers of what this glow of awareness is vibrating to you.
I could. However, as you rightly point out, we each chose what to vibrate to; that includes you, Daniel, in response to my vibrations.   Wink

Looking back >>> I relayed a description of how the Toltec Path has unfolded into my perception through the years from books and through Forums. Like I have mentioned, each point is like a string on a harp. You haven't actually replied to any of my posts for about  a year and oh let's take a look - wow, you replied to this one but what did you pluck at? Well 2 things really:
1 being a re-inventory of why you can't accept the form of logic I laid down in my description and 2 being the plucking of the only string in this harp of strings that mentioned the forum reaction stage or layer. I wonder what value you yourself *connect* with when you select this. In honesty my 'view' is that you are upholding an old belief that you have yet released. It is in your act Daphne, your act to respond, what you responded to. Perhaps you should have just not bothered replying. I can easily relate your choice to respond here with what Forest mentions about those in *the stand*
I read Forest's email to you... the reference to "in the stands" is rather interesting and dualistic too. By responding to you, whether you like my response or not, I am no longer 'in the stands' but 'on the court'. It is up to you whether you open to me or close up. For that matter.. your whole post could be considered 'in the stand' as it is about your perception of others. However.. I don't go for that particular way of thinking and see your post as relevant to your own process in relation to 'other'. That makes it 'in the court'. Actually.. the whole thing is silly and divisive.
I could have 'not bothered replying', but I didn't. I did reply, and you closed off to my reply. 

I don't mind you bringing this energy forward and know that you as many others *can only* relate to me with this rather than the entire set of strings offered in my original post.I do know why connection between 2 points do not work...  It is like you aren't climbing into the depth of layers that are there in potential. In vibrations, your mind is not creating a response with any of the other layers. The only part of me that exists in you, just like Jahn, is a very minimal portion. A portion that you yourself have minimised over the years.
Daniel.. "relating" is a 2-way street. For me to relate to you, you also need to relate to me, otherwise we are not relating, we are like ships passing in the night. You want me to "climb into the depths of layers that are there in potential" ?  why? If a minimal part of you exists in me.. well then a minimal part of me exists in you. Do you have difficulty in relating to me; to my own depths?  We 'connected' long ago, Daniel. The connection is still there, that is why I do (every now and then) respond to 'Daniels' posts - even if it is only once a year!   Cheesy

This relates to the Agnya Chakra.
Indeed it does!

The reason I don't mind is because no matter what the heart offers and the voice re-vamps to self-persuade someone's short commings (to conclude or not) limits you and you only. Something Forest told you all about 3 years ago. I only really relate to Lori, but not as such from an active choice that I made. It is more that there is more of me that is alive in Lori than in yourself and others such as Jahn. I am responding to what you have responded from my posts, as in one of the layers or strings. This creates a vibration and I am confident in what I am relating to you here as being the truth as I see it in my moment.
I don't doubt that it is your truth in that moment, Daniel.
You may find this complicated but it is not because there isn't any complication in what I am exploring, it is a simple affair about how the Toltec Path has and is unfolding through my perception. A mature response could have been another poter doing as I have done, relaying into a collective Topic their own view of the Toltec Path as it has unfolded for them. But this doesn't happen. It is a good thing that my acts do not depend on any responses or co-act from another being. I am confident in my acts and I place them according to me *seeing* - yes that is a conclusion. It is ok to conclude. In my world it is...

Continuation > > >

The wheel rolls, stills, and then rolls onwards. 
No, Daniel, I don't find it in the least bit complicated.
Well then perhaps I am not a 'mature' poster!  ... I did tell you I'm full of shit!  Wink

Your acts do not need to depend on any responses or co-act from another being. How about "interaction" though? Thats not a 'dependency', that can bet fun!  And whether you relate to me or not, whether there is a part of me within you or not (and you in me).. well... we are interacting now, Daniel! Those parts in us are alive!    Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 08:29:27 am »

Nov. 16, 308 Dwapara

Well if Dan is vibrating on one string of the harp at F sharp and i am vibrating one string at G. Well den dat ol harp ain'ta playin' a good tune now is it. It will be palyin' some dissonance you know. So lets get in tune here and try this one more time together. No sense makes sense? Right? That's nonsense. Actually it's beyond sense. Got it?  Besides you played a diminished tune when i was tryin' to augment you. (Two can play that game you know).

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:33:03 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged
Egg
Traveler

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 04:26:59 am »

I feel the need to make a point about Toltec and the meaning of the word.  Like with any word it will have its uses and it will have its roots.

One of the first points raised in this thread was the usage of the word Toltec in Castanedas books.

“In this case the action at hand was, naturally, the elucidation of the mastery of awareness. Don Juan understood the mastery of awareness as being the modern-day version of an extremely old tradition, which he called the tradition of the ancient Toltec seers.”

From the Fire from within.

Don Juan then goes on to say

"Ages before the Spaniards came to Mexico," he said, "there were extraordinary Toltec seers, men capable of inconceivable deeds. They were the last link in a chain of knowledge that extended over thousands of years.”

Castaneda then continues; “Don Juan explained then that his use of the term "Toltec" did not correspond to what I understood it to mean. To me it meant a culture, the Toltec Empire. To him, the term "Toltec" meant "man of knowledge."

“He said that in the time he was referring to, centuries or perhaps even millennia before the Spanish Conquest, all such men of knowledge lived within a vast geographical area, north and south of the valley of Mexico, and were employed in specific lines of work: curing, bewitching, storytelling, dancing, being an oracle, preparing food and drink. Those lines of work fostered specific wisdom, wisdom that distinguished them from average men. These Toltecs, moreover, were also people who fitted into the structure of everyday life, very much as doctors, artists, teachers, priests, and merchants in our own time do.”

In “The Second Ring of Power”, one of Castaneda’s fellow-apprentices explains more about the meaning of the word Toltec: “"The Nagual told us that we are Toltecs. All of us are Toltecs. He said that a Toltec is the receiver and holder of mysteries. The Nagual and Genaro are Toltecs. They gave us their special luminosity and their mysteries. We received their mysteries and now we hold them."

“His usage of the word Toltec baffled me. I was familiar only with its anthropological meaning. In that context, it always refers to a culture of Nahuatl-speaking people in central and southern Mexico which was already extinct at the time of the Conquest.

Why did he call us Toltecs?" I asked, not knowing what else to say.

"Because that's what we are. Instead of saying that we are sorcerers or witches, he said that we are Toltecs."”

“"The Nagual told me that sorcerers used to be called Toltecs in his benefactor's language," she replied.

"And what language was that, Gorda?"

"He never told me. But he and Genaro used to speak a language that none of us could understand. And here, between all of us, we understand four Indian languages."

"Did don Genaro also say that he was a Toltec?"

"His benefactor was the same man, so he also said the same thing."

“From la Gorda's responses I could surmise that she either did not know a great deal on the subject or she did not want to talk to me about it. I confronted her with my conclusions. She confessed that she had never paid much attention to it and wondered why I was putting so much value on it. I practically gave her a lecture on the ethnography of central Mexico.

"A sorcerer is a Toltec when that sorcerer has received the mysteries of stalking and dreaming," she said casually. "The Nagual and Genaro received those mysteries from their benefactor and then they held them in their bodies. We are doing the same, and because of that we are Toltecs like the Nagual and Genaro.””

This above is actually explained by a man of knowledge who has written a series of books on the Toltec teachings which I have personaly followed.  (http://warriorskeep.com/true_meaning_of_toltec.html)

Report Spam   Logged
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 09:59:25 am »

Thanks for all of this egg.   Nicely put together for any members who do not follow the Toltec path or Teachings.

A Dear Friend of mine had this to say on the subject which I thought nicely simplified for all those interested,  yet unfamiliar:

"Among the Aztecs there lived Toltecs. The Toltecs was called for when there should be great sacred ceremonies or dancing events. You would say that the Toltec tribe within the Aztec society was the spiritual and cultural group while the Aztec indians were the mundane rulers, alas with a religious and astrological setup.

Toltec means men with knowledge. (Men=man or woman).
And the Toltecs used the sacred sites for transformation purposes. Don Juans lineage was Toltec."

Cool
Report Spam   Logged

other no harm...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: