The Gypsy Garden
March 29, 2024, 02:57:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome all new members!  We hope you enjoy your stay at the Gypsy Garden.  Please take your shoes off and stay a while.  Lots to read here, lots to learn.  Can we help you get comfortable?

Home Help Store Classifieds Gallery Contact Login Register Chat  

Emotional Needs...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Emotional Needs...  (Read 128 times)
//^\\
The Warriors Way
Pathwalker

Salvia Ally

« on: March 23, 2009, 01:28:21 pm »

~

My practice has recently brought me into almost molecular contact with the body-mind impact of childhood emotional needs. It appears to me at this time that my practice is moving forward as I am able to re-experience the body-mind held experience of those emotional needs at a higher level of attention and in an environment of deeper compassion than was available at the time the wounding was experienced.

I see no other way around it. Without going through that experience, they will be driving my perceptions and behavior. The impulse is to stop my life, go off to retreat and deal with it. With my work and other obligations that isn't possible, but I am slowly decreasing my work commitments in order to have more time for practice. In some ways, I no longer fit in my work world. Fortunately, as a result of the growth that has already occurred, I am fitting more in my personal world.

My question for our community is about the effects of this process of transformation on your life. Have you made big changes in your external commitments as a result of the process? Have you done extended periods of practice and how did that impact your process?

As well, what is your experience with contacting these unmet emotional needs? What practices have been helpful for you to heal these wounds?

I believe some teach that emotional needs will never be met. My experience is that our behavior is driven by them whether we like it or not. Somewhere between these two, we live our lives.

Thoughts??

Report Spam   Logged

Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest147
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:54:02 pm »

getting to intellectual honesty by integrating emotional and social intelligence as they disappeared from and reappeared in awareness, is challenged far beyond one's own "control".

or is it now hopping from one attitude to the next with the "help" of popular role models?

or did i not really understand anything?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: