The Gypsy Garden
April 19, 2024, 05:08:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome all new members!  We hope you enjoy your stay at the Gypsy Garden.  Please take your shoes off and stay a while.  Lots to read here, lots to learn.  Can we help you get comfortable?

Home Help Store Classifieds Gallery Contact Login Register Chat  

Meditation

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meditation  (Read 109 times)
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« on: November 02, 2016, 09:39:36 pm »

http://jackcanfield.com/how-to-meditate/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=blog-meditate&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=image1&utm_term=hayhouse

I want to talk to you about something that has been absolutely essential on my path to success…

That something is meditation.

Learning how to meditate can help you to achieve success faster because when your mind is clear and focused, and your body is relaxed and calm, you can access information, both internal and external, that can help you make better decisions.

The more you meditate, the more access you have to your intuition. Keep reading and I’ll show you how to meditate with a simple meditation exercise that I enjoy using.

Three of the sources of my greatest successes came to me while I was meditating – the title for Chicken Soup for the Soul, which has become a brand worth several hundred million dollars, and the inspiration for the creation of the Transformational Leadership Council and for our Online Train the Trainer Program which teaches people how to teach the success principles.

There are many different forms of meditation that have been developed over thousands of years in many diverse cultures. I teach several of them in my Awakening Power audio program and you can learn one technique from the guide below.

Learning to meditate is a journey, this guide will help you take the right steps.

What is meditation?
Meditation is a practice where you train your mind or induce a state of consciousness, either to realize some benefit, such as relaxation, stress reduction, healing, strengthening your life force, or developing certain qualities such as love, patience, generosity, and forgiveness.

It can also be used to access inner wisdom from your own higher unconscious or from a Universal power often referred to as God, infinite Intelligence, Universal Consciousness, or Source. It is also a powerful tool for accessing your creativity, your inner wisdom, and developing your intuition.

Here are the basics of one of the most powerful meditation techniques that I simply call The 4-Part Meditation. It is so powerful because it integrates four different forms of meditation into one simple practice.

Follow these simple meditation tips to learn this technique:

Simple Meditation: The 4-Part Meditation Technique
1. Find a quiet place, close your eyes, and focus on slowing down your breathing

First, find a quiet place, close your eyes, focus on slowing down your breathing by taking four long, deep, slow breaths, and then imagine white or golden light starting in your left foot slowly moving up through the entire left side of your body and then down your right. Do this three times.

2. Repeat an uplifting word or phrase

Second, you repeat an uplifting word or phrase such as "re-lax," "so-ham," "I am love," or, "I am in the universe and the universe is in me," silently over and over, for about 3 to 4 minutes.

3. Move into a state of quiet

Third, you stop the repetition of your word or phrase and just move into a state of quiet, receptive observation, just noticing any thoughts, feelings or physical sensations that arise in your consciousness for 3 to 4 minutes.

If you find yourself lost in thought, just return to that neutral witness position of observing the thoughts. It’s like you’re standing on a river watching boats slowly floating by. If you find yourself in a boat, just step back out onto the shore and start observing again.

4. Imagine yourself surrounded by a sphere of light

Fourth, spend a few minutes imagining yourself surrounded by a spotlight or sphere of white light. And after a minute or two of that spend the remaining minute or two visualizing your life goals as already achieved.

This step sends your intention out to the universe and helps attract to you people, resources and opportunities for the fulfillment of your goal.

Meditation takes practice and is a natural progression
Whatever form of meditation you do, remember that you can’t do it wrong. Whatever you are experiencing is fine. Don’t expect to have a totally clear mind or to achieve enlightenment overnight. Meditation is a daily discipline that you practice for years, but the benefits are so profound.

When you first start, 12 to 20 minutes is plenty. Over time you will find that you will want to meditate longer. It is a natural progression. I usually set the timer on my iPhone for 20 minutes.

If you don’t have 20 minutes, just 5 minutes of concentrating on the sensation of your breath either by focusing on the sensation of the air coming in and out of your nose, or the sensation of the rise and fall of your chest is better than nothing.

Practice these methods to calm your mind
Now, here’s your homework to complete after reading this.

Get into a comfortable position and focus on your breath. You can focus your mind on one of your personal affirmations.

Another way to calm the mind is by visualizing a peaceful scene such as clouds floating by or the waves on a windy lake growing calmer and calmer. Start by doing this for at least 5 minutes every day, then build on the amount of time you spend meditating, and in a few weeks, reassess how you feel mentally and physically.

I guarantee you’ll notice increased clarity and energy in your life.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:44:32 pm by Lori Anne » Report Spam   Logged

The Great Spirit, in placing men on the Earth,
desired them to take good care of the ground and do each
other no harm...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Millie
Nomad

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 11:38:05 pm »

thank you I will try that it seems so peaceful
Report Spam   Logged
Millie
Nomad

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 11:41:53 pm »

how can I download your 4 step medatation
Report Spam   Logged
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 11:45:19 pm »

how can I download your 4 step medatation

Sorry Millie, that was an add.  Shouldn't have been in the post.
Report Spam   Logged

The Great Spirit, in placing men on the Earth,
desired them to take good care of the ground and do each
other no harm...
Millie
Nomad

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 11:47:06 pm »

oh ok sorry I guess I read it wrong
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: