The Gypsy Garden
April 16, 2024, 06:21:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have the power to do and be and create anything you want. Remember to look where you want to go!

Home Help Store Classifieds Gallery Contact Login Register Chat  

Wisdom Quotes

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wisdom Quotes  (Read 932 times)
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 08:43:55 pm »

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles." Buddha

“There was a saying," The true battle lays within us all." I sort of believed this wholeheartedly. Now I believe in balance. One should be aware of their internal reality. But I believe we need both external as well as internal warriors.

If the pendulum swings to one way, then there is chaos and confusion. Knowing ourselves can help is understand us and the external world as well as the people in it. It is an ever ongoing project, as well a worthy occupation. To know others one knows more of oneself.” LightSun

“The mightiest enemy to conquer is self. For since, birth we have been deceived with at best half-truths. It takes a lifetime to disentangle oneself from the net of lies and illusions. In addition, it takes a willing heart; the battle still may not be won. Nevertheless, we must try that or continue being caught, ensnarled, and entangled by the net. For myself I wish to be a free man. Free of illusion and distortion.” LightSun

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:12:28 am by lightsun » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: