The Gypsy Garden
March 28, 2024, 03:20:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have the power to do and be and create anything you want. Remember to look where you want to go!

Home Help Store Classifieds Gallery Contact Login Register Chat  

Wisdom Quotes

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wisdom Quotes  (Read 926 times)
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 07:45:08 pm »

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." Maya Angelou

:"Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen. Ralph Bresson

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:27:02 pm by lightsun » Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 08:43:55 pm »

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles." Buddha

“There was a saying," The true battle lays within us all." I sort of believed this wholeheartedly. Now I believe in balance. One should be aware of their internal reality. But I believe we need both external as well as internal warriors.

If the pendulum swings to one way, then there is chaos and confusion. Knowing ourselves can help is understand us and the external world as well as the people in it. It is an ever ongoing project, as well a worthy occupation. To know others one knows more of oneself.” LightSun

“The mightiest enemy to conquer is self. For since, birth we have been deceived with at best half-truths. It takes a lifetime to disentangle oneself from the net of lies and illusions. In addition, it takes a willing heart; the battle still may not be won. Nevertheless, we must try that or continue being caught, ensnarled, and entangled by the net. For myself I wish to be a free man. Free of illusion and distortion.” LightSun

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:12:28 am by lightsun » Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 09:01:23 pm »

“We are one world community. Whether we wish to embrace this view now or later will determine the degree of unnecessary suffering we must endure until we embrace this truth, to allow it to enter our hearts, and brains so that it finally comes a part of us.” LightSun

"Deny the passport, throw it away and make a great decision that you will not leave this shore until and unless you have liberated all the human beings." Buddha

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong have governed my life : the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind." Earl Russell

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace" Charles Sumner

"They charge me with fanaticism. If it be to be feelingly alive to the suffering of my fellow human creatures is to be a fanatic, i am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large." William Wilberforce
Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 09:07:35 pm »

"Tell me and I will forget. Teach me and I will remember. Involve me and I will learn." -Ben Franklin       

“The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.” Kahlil Gibran

:“A teacher is just like the light of a watchtower that guides us through to the right path." Unknown

The teacher teaches the student and the student teaches the teacher: thus there is balance." LightSun
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:10:44 pm by lightsun » Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 12:33:08 am »

"Nations have recently been led to borrow billions for war; no nation has ever borrowed largely for education; no nation is rich enough to pay for both war and civilization. We must make our choice; we cannot have both." Abraham Flexner

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace" Charles Sumner

"Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself, shall not stand." Christianity Mathew 12:25

"I cannot understand how people cannot be outraged. It is intolerable. Money needs to be spent on the world stage first on the basics of life. Things called the necessities of life. Then education is of paramount importance.

Until and unless people stop being ignorant, there will be wars. To stop this is, in part to have nurturing parents, cognitive discipline, or reasoning capacities, and the learning of basic human emotional skills and intelligence such as empathy. LightSun
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:23:20 am by lightsun » Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 12:40:15 am »

“I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, doom and betrayal.  

And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied. "I created you."  'The Animal's Savior'' Jim Willis

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect." ~ Chief Seattle (Seathl) (1785-1866) Duwamish-Suquamish 1854

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.  

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” Albert Einstein

“On the sixth day, God created the platypus. And God said: ‘Let’s see the evolutionists try and figure this one pout.” Anonymous

“When you realized that it is the planet that is evolving and we, humanity, are just a small, yet relatively important, part of this planetary evolution. Then your personal state of awareness can be absorbed, briefly, into the great collective awareness of the planet. The more you make this connect and work with planetary awareness the more you can grow spiritually.” David

“When we finally know we are dying, and all other sentient beings are dying with us, we start to have a burning, almost heartbreaking sense of the fragility and preciousness of each moment and each being and from this can grow a deep, clear, limitless compassion for all beings.” — Sogyal Rinpoche
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:45:11 am by lightsun » Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 12:47:12 am »

"This is the difference between depressions and sorrow-sorrowful, you are in great trouble because something matters so much; depressed, you are miserable because nothing really matters." J.E. Buckrose

"Whoever is related to me in the heights of his aspirations will experience veritable ecstasies of learning ; for i come from heights that no bird ever reached in its flight, i know abysses into which no foot ever strayed." Nietzche

"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet i will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars." Og Mandino

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:50:36 am by lightsun » Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 01:14:21 am »

"Forgiveness recognizes what you thought your brother did to you has not occurred. Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle." A Course in Miracles

"We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies." Martin Luther King Jr.    

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." Lewis B. Smedes

"Most of us carry around anger, resentment, jealousy, or some other negative emotion directed to others. Unless dealt with, they will eventually start to broadly affect the quality of our lives and those around us. Forgiveness is the act of unchaining yourself from thoughts and feelings that bind you to an offense, imagined or real, committed against you. It is a commitment to a process of growth and change.

The first step is to recognize the value of forgiveness and the positive impact it can have in our lives. When we forgive, we release the control and power of the offending person and stop playing the victim. We no longer define our lives by how we have been hurt and instead can define ourselves by how we have grown. Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.' Cherie Carter-Scott
Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:48 am »

"Until philosophers are kings, or the kings and princes of this world have the spirit and power of philosophy, and political greatness and wisdom meet in one, and those commoner natures who pursue either to the exclusion of the other are compelled to stand aside, cities will never have rest from their evils" – Plato

“Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." ~ Kahlil Gibran
Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 05:28:02 am »

"Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open? Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”  Rumi

"The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek." Joseph Campbell

"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds." Franklin D. Roosevelt

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." Lewis B. Smedes
Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 05:46:35 am »

"I see the candle of living truth burning in the mind's eye, this flame illuminates the heart where all can bathe in healing love." dbm.

"Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surrounds it, it shines clear." Gandhi

"The great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me" Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

"There are very few human beings who receive the truth, complete and staggering, by instant illumination. Most of them acquire it fragments by fragment, on a small scale, by successive developments, cell by cell like a laboring mosaic." Anais Nin

"In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after truth." Gandhi
Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2018, 06:55:09 am »

Adversity

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." Albert Camus

"Extraordinary people survive under the most terrible circumstances and they become more extraordinary because of it." Robertson Davies (1913-1995)

"What make the great really superbly great? It is not their accomplishment. It is the amount of obstacles they overcome to reach their goals that make them great!” Dorothy Heights

"Be grateful for your difficulties and challenges, for they hold blessings. In fact... Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health personal growth, individuation and self-actualization." Carl Jung

"You're a survivor. You're going to handle this. You're going to find strength you didn't know you had and grace to deal with whatever comes along.
Pretty soon, you'll be on the other side, and it's just a matter of time until you will look back on this time in your life and draw strength from the knowledge that even though the road was rocky, you persevered and carried on." Unknown

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength!" Unknown
Report Spam   Logged
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2018, 06:56:15 am »

Argue

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

"Did you ever notice how hard it is to argue with someone who's not obsessed with being right? - Wayne Dyer

“I’ve had a few arguments with people, but I never carry a grudge. You know why? While you’re carrying a grudge, they’re out dancing.” Buddy Hackett
"The great charm in argument is really finding one's own opinions, not other people." Evelyn Waugh
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: