The Gypsy Garden
April 19, 2024, 02:34:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You have the power to do and be and create anything you want. Remember to look where you want to go!

Home Help Store Classifieds Gallery Contact Login Register Chat  

Kind Words

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kind Words  (Read 164 times)
dana
Nomad

« on: July 03, 2008, 02:50:15 pm »

A good friend of mine, says often "be the best you you can be, go that extra mile to touch another's heart, for you never know whose Angel you may be today." 

I think this article, illustrates how, something so small as saying a kind word, or maybe opening a door for a little old lady or letting someone in front of you at the Supermarket check out can really make someones day, just that much brighter.  You never know whose Angel you might be today!  And kindness is contagious!

'I work at a nursing home called the Good Samaritan and I am a dietary aid there, so one day I was cleaning one of the dinning rooms and there was still a resident sitting in there and I have noticed that hardly anyone ever talks to her. I am a very shy person in the first place so I don't like to talk to people I am not familiar with but something inside me told me to talk to her, so I said 'Hi Mary! How are you doing tonight?' and after that she kept talking to me about stuff and she acted happy and she was alot more talkitive and I could tell that just simply asking how her night was made her night even better and I felt so happy and good inside!'

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." --Mother Teresa
Report Spam   Logged

Two worlds intermingle and magic abounds.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

mayflow
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 03:37:40 pm »

That's very sweet. Today, another Angel has touched my heart. Cool
Report Spam   Logged
dana
Nomad

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 11:23:27 am »

That's very sweet. Today, another Angel has touched my heart. Cool

And today Mayflow, you have also been someone's Angel.

Report Spam   Logged

Two worlds intermingle and magic abounds.
Lori Anne
Administrator
Sage

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 01:23:42 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Great Spirit, in placing men on the Earth,
desired them to take good care of the ground and do each
other no harm...
lightsun
Peaceweaver
Pathwalker

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 07:45:15 pm »

"How do words affect us? It seems it is both we are conditioned as well the energy expended at the other person. What is a mere word anyhow? But how the word is delivered, in another words tone and modulation can affect us with either the negative or the positive.

In addition we are creatures of habit. Growing up we see how our peers, parents for the most part have a biggest influence, how they react determines how we act. This is unless we learn emotional discipline as well the use of logic. No one can insult us except ourselves." LightSun

>>>“Misperceptions can arise in daily use with our language. In one sense we live in both the interrelated reality of mankind, but yet in another each of us is a self-contained universe. What we hear is colored not with truth but rather our personal history.

We can't truly really understand another. We also will and can filter all of which we perceive. The very brain then tries making order, but will mistakenly misinterpret the message from another. They will misinterpret to their own devising (unconscious) not hearing another's soul. To listen is a gift and as well a trait in need of developing. Our words will indeed damn ourselves." LightSun
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: